“Scholarship Program of the Polish Government for Young Academicians” initialized in 2003 is addressed to Candidates from Belarus, Ukraine, Moldova, Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan an Georgia. The 14th edition of the Program will take place during the academic year of 2016/2017.
Preference will be given to candidates who can prove their academic achievements or organizational activity and whose accomplishments would allow them to put advanced study in this specialization to good use in their own countries in various fields of academic or public life.
Scholarship is granted for realization of a scientific practice, in the form of a 1-year long individual complementary studies.
Each of the qualified candidates may receive scholarship once for a given period and, from exceptional circumstances, without the possibility of prolonging it for the next year.
Total duration of the internship and the preparatory course of Polish language is 10 months. There is a possibility of prolonging stay within the frames of the scholarship till July 2017, if the Program coordinator in agreement with the tutor will apply for prolongation. It may take place only in case of fulfilling by the scholarship holder all the scientific conditions of the Program, including defense of the diploma thesis at minimum 4 grade and participation in the scientific programs taking place in July 2014. Possible supplementary scholarship will end 31st July 2016.
Candidates with sufficient knowledge of Polish language will start realization of the Program on 1stSeptember 2016 with the Preparatory course of Polish language. The course will be conducted at the University of Warsaw, and will consist of general lectures and supplementary course of Polish language.
Candidates with insufficient knowledge of Polish language will start realization of the Program on 1stAugust 2016 with the additional, intensive course of Polish language. In such a situation scholarship may last 12 months.
Realization of the scholarship (studies) at the particular Polish universities will last from 1st October 2016 till 30th June 2017.
The scholarship is 1350 PLN per month. The costs of accommodation and feeding should be individually covered by the scholarship holders.
Place of application – counterpart Embassy or Consulate of the Republic of Poland. The application deadline is 1st March 2016.
The complete set of documents should be submitted by post or delivered personally (with an envelope annotation “Scholarship Program for Young Academicians”) to the counterpart Polish diplomatic outposts. Complete set of documents scanned, preferably in JPG format, shall be send also by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Counterpart Consulates of the Republic of Poland will be admitting visas till 31st July 2017 to all qualified candidates.
1. University diploma (4- or 5-year studies ending with a defense of a bachelor diploma or master thesis), preferably in the humanities: history, international relations, political sciences, journalism, sociology, ethnology, cultural sciences, social psychology, administration, management and law.
2. Age limit: 35.
3. General knowledge in the general issues concerning one of the above mentioned fields or similar fields, particularly in the 19 and 20 centuries.
4. Knowledge of the Polish language at a level guaranteeing that the student is able to understand the lectures and do the required reading – is essential (see I - 6,7).
5. In an extraordinary cases there is a possibility to qualify candidates without the knowledge of the Polish language. Such scholarship holders will be, however, obligated to learn Polish language individually and after getting notification of being qualified to the Program they will have to take part in additional intensive course of Polish language in August 2013(see I – 5).
1. Copy of University diploma equivalent to Polish Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or an official document confirming participation in doctoral studies or working.
2. Precisely completed application form (available at: www.studium.uw.edu.pl)..
3. Concise letter of motivation indicating major of studies chosen by the candidate, possibly.
4. Project of research work.
5. Curriculum vitae written in Polish or English language, in the reverse chronological order, in which the most recent events are listed first, including 1 photograph in a paper or electronic version (converted into JPG).
6. List of all academic publications, most significant academic written work, professional or academic projects.
7. Certificates confirming candidate’s knowledge of Polish and English language.
8. Other information, documents that the candidate believes might assist the commission in evaluating his or her application.
1. The final deadline for application is 1st March 2016.
2. The qualification of the candidates is held in two stages:
a) 1st stage of qualification is prosecuted by an Admissions Committee in Warsaw on the basis of documents sent by the candidates – candidates accepted for next stage of qualification will be noted by 10 April 2016.
b) 2nd stage - qualifying interviews conducted by the Committee’s delegates to the
candidates home countries will took place from 1st May till 15ty June 2016 (detailed information about the dates of interviews will be announced after the end of the 1st stage of qualification)
3. The candidates questionings are held in:
a) for citizens of the Russian Federation – Embassy of the Republic of Poland in Moscow,
b) for citizens of Ukraine – Embassy of the Republic of Poland in Kiev,
c) for citizens of the Republic Belarus - Embassy of the Republic of Poland in Minsk,
d) for citizens of Caucasus countries - Embassies of the Republic of Poland in Tbilisi, Yerevan or Baku,
d) for candidates from Central Asia – in 1 or 2 Polish diplomatic outposts in the region.
4. The candidates will be notified by the Polish diplomatic outposts and the Centre for East European Studies, University of Warsaw about the dates and places of interviews.
5. The candidates will be notified by the Polish diplomatic outposts and the Centre for East European Studies, University of Warsaw about the results of the qualification process by the 10th July 2016at the latest.
6. The candidates and the Polish diplomatic outposts will be notified by the Centre for
East European Studies, University of Warsaw about the assignments to particular Polish universities by the 1st August 2016 at the latest.